Home > Products > IXP42x based >
SE-BB / SE-MP
StarEast: the Compact, Stackable, Multi-Radio, Multi-Channel Wireless
StarEast is a stackable system with three kinds of modified PCI
Mezzanine Cards. One is a baseboard, and the other two are adapter
daughter cards to provide miniPCI and CardBus interfaces. The baseboard
is based on an Intel® IXP425 network processor. It provides
two fast Ethernet ports, one UART, and two mirror PMC PCI interfaces
to connect the two daughter cards for miniPCI, CardBus or other
| functions. To support large applications, the baseboard
includes 133MHz, 256Mbytes of on-board SDRAM, and 32Mbytes of on-board
Intel StrataFlash® memory. With two PMC2miniPCI daughter cards,
StarEast supports four wireless Type IIIA miniPCI cards.
To facilitate the development, debug, and troubleshooting of application
software, StarEast is compatible with Intel® IXP400 software. In addition,
StarEast provides a software development tool chain based on open source
Linux. Drivers for some commercial and internal wireless miniPCI cards
are also provided.
1. Radio Networking Research. Equipped with Intel Wireless PRO/2200 miniPCI
card, StarEast enables the hot research on radio networks. The research
focuses on improving the performance, ease of use and security of wireless
networks. It explores the wireless RF characteristics to formalize self-managing,
adaptive wireless network.
2. General research platform. Open source Linux and adequate adapter daughter
cards let you use the cheap commercial peripheral miniPCI/CardBus/PCI
cards to do research.
3. General industry, telecom controller. StarEast is a compact, standard
size with low power and large memory size, and can be directly integrated
into a user system as a control unit.
1. Control plane processor, IXP425@533MHz
2. Stackable PCI architecture
3. Two 10/100 base Ethernet
4. 256Mbytes SDRAM and 32Mbytes Flash
5. Up to four Type III MiniPCI slots and two Cardbus slots
6. Physical and electrical compatibility with PMC standard (IEEE1386/.1)
7. RS-232 interface and USB 1.1 (device only)
8. 12V DC input and on-board DC-DC provides 3.3V@10A
9. Red boot and open source Linux
10. Driver for Prism* II wireless card and Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200
Intel Strataflash and Intel XScale are registered trademarks
of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property
For technical support, please contract our support at email@example.com
For business issues, please contact our sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: (86)-755-26532305 / 26532306
3F, Block 1, No.2 Industrial Zone, KeFa Road, Hi-Tech Park, Nanshan District,
Shenzhen, 518057 P.R.China.